Eye Pieces Plano ReOpening & Offering Appointments!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and well-being of our patients, staff and doctors is our first priority. Our team will continue to go above and beyond the expectations for optometry practices so that everyone who enters our practice will feel safe. We are sure that you are well aware of the concerns about COVID-19, and we would like you to know the steps we are taking. These measures include, but are not limited to:
An Expectations Checklist—For All of Us
Precautions You should Be Taking
- We are asking patients not to bring family members to the office in order to control the contagious nature of the condition.
- All patients, including staff and doctors, will have their temperature checked upon entering the practice
- We are asking patients that they must wear a mask when coming into the office. If a patient does not have a mask, we will provide one at the front door.
- Patients may be asked to wait in their car for their appointment, depending on how many people are in the practice at any given time
- Please ask for assistance upon entering.
- We ask that upon entering our clinic, that you immediately wash your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer.
- We may ask you to leave the office if you show flu-like signs, cold/fever, or coughing.
- Staff will not shake hands with any of our patients. Please don’t take it personally. 🙂
- We will be practicing safe distancing within the clinic and we ask that you do your best to keep a minimum of 6 feet between you and other patients.
- Glasses/Contacts Pickup? We offer curbside service.
Steps Our Practice is Taking
- Plexiglass shield at the front counter for front desk staff members.
- Spread-out patient chairs in the optical and reception area – at least 6 feet apart
- Purell/GermX disinfection stations in several areas of the office.
- Less than 10 people are allowed inside the office at any given time.
- We will disinfect frames after a patient has contact with them.
- The exam room and pretesting instruments will be disinfected after every patient.
- Pre-testers/opticians will wear gloves and mask and/or plastic face shield when helping patients
- Cleaning all surfaces with Clorox wipes.
- Cleaning the floor with a small amount of soapy water daily. Deep cleaning after afternoon and evening patients
- Disinfect pens with alcohol wipes.
- We will prop the front door open if the weather allows.