Excellence in Vision and Timeless Eyewear in Plano, TX
Our mission is to exceed our patients’ expectations and to do everything possible to make our customers and patients happy.
- We believe that your eye doctor should be a great listener, intelligent, understanding, and compassionate.
- We believe that our customers and patients should always have the opportunity to ask questions and be given detailed explanations
- We believe in high-tech, comprehensive eye care utilizing only the best technology to perform our examinations.
- We believe that our large selection of eyewear should be unique and beautiful.
- We believe that our customer service should be outstanding and friendly.
- We believe in short waiting times to see our optometrists and opticians.
MEET THE STAFF
READ OUR REVIEWS
GET A NEW LOOK
Our Patients Say it Best
What Makes Eye Pieces Plano Unique?
Whether you want contact lenses or glasses, we make sure that you get both what looks good, but more importantly what works for your personal situation as well. We at Eye Pieces Plano stand behind our products by knowing we offer high quality eyewear manufactured by smaller, independent companies. Our office has an on-site edger for eyeglass lenses. We are continuously inspired by the beauty and individuality of handmade frames and the science and technology behind eye health and vision improvement. We also ensure our employees are constantly learning and growing within this dynamic field.
Emitted from the sun, blue light is naturally occurring in the world around us. On the spectrum of visible light (light that humans can see), blue light has the highest energy and the shortest wavelength. It is also sometimes known as blue-violet or violet light, which is where ultraviolet (UV) light rays that are just beyond our perception get their name. Much like ultraviolet light, blue light has both dangers and benefits to our health, particularly to our eyes.
Research is still being done to determine the long-term effects of blue light or high-energy visible (HEV) light emission, however it is known is that blue light is a cause of computer vision syndrome (CVS) and sleep disruptions.
As the dangers of blue light from digital devices emerge, more and more options are becoming available to protect your eyes. The eyes have very limited natural ability to block out blue light radiation so we need to be aware of blue light exposure and how to minimize it.
The easiest way to reduce blue light exposure is to take frequent breaks when working on a computer and to reduce screen time overall.
- Monday: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Wednesday: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Thursday: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Saturday: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed